Beginners - September 2017 (Page 8)

Read data from CSV files into array

For those familiar with R, I basically want to mirror SOME of the dataframe functionality in C++. In...
[11 replies] Last: <tuple>'s are another way to go. Read the first line of the CSV file ... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
output 2 arrays in order

How can I put 2 arrays together but in order considering that both arrays are sorted? like: 1 3 ...
[6 replies] Last: still learning all the algorithm stuff. Slowly. Good call on merge(... (by jonnin)
If-else statements outputting all answers

Hi hello, I'm new, I'm sure you've seen this all before. I've done lots of searching for my problem ...
[3 replies] Last: bool minute ; You are comparing minute against numbers. A bool can ... (by Ganado)
by Bopaki
How can I get the following program to print a string output

It prints 1 for TRUE and 0 for FALSE I want it to print "It is a prime number." if the output is...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks very much AbstractionAnon (by Bopaki)
Creating a struct Iterator to work with files.

Hello. I have a binary INT file with values there. So 1 int takes 4 bytes right? So as i can see, my...
[4 replies] Last: > i need to create my own iterator. If you have been asked to do tha... (by JLBorges)
Understanding bit shifting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjHKwCZyAhQ So I am trying to get the same output this youtuber get...
[2 replies] Last: >>8 shifts 8 bits, which is 1 byte. So a 2-byte integer 0xabcd become... (by jonnin)
LiveEdu launches Soft Indiegogo Campaign

Just so you and a few selected users know. We have just made a soft Indiegogo campaign launch before...
[no replies]
Vector<Enemies> moving enemies

I have an Enemy class. I am loading the enemies into a vector. The enemies all do the same thing. Mo...
[5 replies] Last: std::this_thread::sleep_for is one option. http://www.cplusplus.com/r... (by Thomas1965)
Having problems with a simple encryption program

Hello, I'm having a lot of trouble programming an encryption program. It has to have a menu that lo...
[10 replies] Last: Using that method is a good tip for your future debugging career. . ... (by MarbleHornets)
by samcro
For loop to calculate an amount for a certain month period

According to the instructions,the user can enter a number of months and proceed to calculate the bel...
[1 reply] : You’ve been asked to create a loop which modify an integer value: - ... (by Enoizat)
Help with string replace lab

Hello all, I am trying to write a code that takes a user input, makes it into a string and replace ...
[4 replies] Last: Works even better with #include <iostream> (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Program compiles, but won't give correct output

I'm taking my first C++ class at school. and our first project is to write a program that can conver...
[6 replies] Last: Correct. You clearly should not compute remainder from the Second, sh... (by keskiverto)
error: ‘class Rec’ has no member named ‘mycity’

I want to print *(*it)->mycity , but it said has no member named ‘mycity’? #include<i...
[1 reply] : What don't you understand about the error message? You haven't defined... (by jlb)
by samcro
Flipping a boolean value upon user entry

Hi all, I would like to know the best way to flip a boolean value to true from false. It is regardin...
[4 replies] Last: Got it! Thank you so much Jonnin! You are a life saver :) (by samcro)
deep copy logic c++

I just want to make sure if I understand the idea behind deep copy correctly, just a first year CS s...
[4 replies] Last: Ok, so there are some terminology issues here. An object has member va... (by Duthomhas)
copying objects c++

Here is a code: // stack is a class // st1 is an object that contains something // st2...
[3 replies] Last: @coder777, thanks for your help. -----------------------------------... (by Kourosh23)
by p4nd4
Initializing Variables

Hey i'm currently taking a c++ class and had to do a homework assignment where i calculate the miles...
[1 reply] : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Initialization_(programming) (by mbozzi)
Can a base class access variables in its derived class?

Hello guys, I'm fairly new to c++, and just started learning inheritance. I came up with a quick que...
[5 replies] Last: @gunnerfunner Thanks for the advice :)) I did compile my program befor... (by benjylol003)
by beemo
Not user friendly?? idk why

Hey guys, so my program compiles and runs, but for some reason when the user inputs an employees nam...
[3 replies] Last: ^^thanks! it worked:) (by beemo)
by cibide
Can't find error on return-by-constant-reference

Can Someone explain why the first one is correct and the second one is wrong? const string &fi...
[2 replies] Last: thank you! :) (by cibide)
September 2017 Pages: 1... 678910... 21
  Archived months: [aug2017] [oct2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.