Beginners - September 2019 (Page 2)

by rncpp
Fltk library not found in Dev-C++ despite installing

I am trying to use Dev-C++ to create a simple Fltk application. I have installed Fltk package downloaded from https://www.fltk.org/software.php (bz2 version ...
[5 replies] Last: Ask for help in the C::B forums/mailing lists, there are people a lot ... (by George P)
Reverser game hackerrank problem

Hello everyone. Problem statement: https://www.hackerrank.com/challenges/reverse-game/problem I am not getting any output. Please help. I found a pattern I h...
[1 reply] : TBH, you need to start learning about debuggers. $ g++ -g -std=c++11... (by salem c)
Fixing Linker Errors In .NET CLI Application SCUMM VM

I am new to C++, although I am an experienced C# developer. I am trying to challenge myself by writing a .NET CLI wrapper around Scumm VM. I have created...
[4 replies] Last: I made a dumb mistake and had a typo in the folder. I will keep plowin... (by Manannan)
Infix to Postfix

I'm having trouble dealing with the parentheses in my code. The operators themselves are working like they are supposed to. I commented a couple places where I ...
[3 replies] Last: Trace through it to see what is wrong. BTW, if everyone turns in the ... (by Duthomhas)
display tail of the file

Write a program that should display the last 5 lines of the file on the screen. this program works well till the end, except the last part of the program. wh...
[7 replies] Last: thankyou so much lastchance.... (by shoaib yehya)
How to make this into separate functions and how to extract from a file.

I have this code and I have to do two things. One id to get the numbers from a file that has already been made. Two is to make each problem into a function. Suc...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <vector> #include <fstream> #include <cl... (by JLBorges)
How to return std::array<int, size?> arrName ?

I have the code: std::array<int, const int numberOfWeights> getContainerInput(const int numberOfWeights) { std::array<int, numberOfWeights> fruitWeights; ...
[2 replies] Last: [quote=Ganado]Then you can't have a (non-dynamic) array, unless you're... (by PiggiesGoSqueal)
Rounding Doubles without round() Question

Well, I have spent ~3 hours trying to figure out what should be a simple solution. I'd greatly appreciate some help. I'm trying to solve a kattis problem: h...
[6 replies] Last: [quote=Ganado] Note adding +0.5 and then casting is not exactly the sa... (by PiggiesGoSqueal)
infix to RPN push pop trouble.

Hey, i am working on assignment for my CS2 class to take an input file that is in infix and convert it into output. i have to use a separate priority function ...
[3 replies] Last: This is actually pretty easy. - always print the operands (letters) wh... (by dhayden)
I want to start learning programming

Hello people, I'm sorry if my English is bad. I want to start learning developing games and softwares. Could you help me by telling what preknowledge I need b...
[5 replies] Last: ok. believe it or not any experience helps, even html. you already k... (by jonnin)
Same random number when played twice

My random number generator does not select another random number when played twice or more. Here is my code, please help! //Setting up the program// #...
[6 replies] Last: Hello theforgottenone4, I had to cut a few words from the last post t... (by Handy Andy)
Variable arguments of pointers

Is it possible to have a variable number of arguments consisting of pointers? Thanks.
[2 replies] Last: a pointer can behave like an array, so you can have one pointer with m... (by jonnin)
Need help with function.

I need help creating with the conversions. Here’s the question? A function called eta( ) which takes a distance in miles and a speed in MPH and returns a st...
[8 replies] Last: You're welcome. (by MikeyBoy)
Primary-expression error in implementation file.

Good day. I am having an issue with a derived class constructor. When i run the code from my IDE it gives me the following error. "error:expected primary-expre...
[6 replies] Last: @lastchance Ohhhhhh I got it thank you. It SHOULD have been salary1 th... (by AdvisedSwine23)
member and non member functions

Hi, I am learning about classes and read that a header file should contain non member function declarations, and the cpp file should contain member function dec...
[1 reply] : That’s not quite right, and part of it is vocabulary. First: membe... (by Duthomhas)
Why don't I need to specify srand?

When I instruct my program to select a random value from an array, I do this array[rand() % X] and don't have to specify srand(time(0)) whereas In other c...
[3 replies] Last: https://www.learncpp.com/cpp-tutorial/59-random-number-generation/ (by George P)
Pointers question

I have almost everything done except me entering 3 digits and getting the correct sum through pointers. Did I do the formula right? Also, for some reason when I...
[5 replies] Last: Your program's incidental behavior might depend on what you enter. Yo... (by mbozzi)
warning: control reaches end of non-void function [-Wreturn-type] }

Hi, i'm working on an infix to RPN program for my CS2 class. I'm sure there are still a few things that need to be worked out in my main while loop, but i can't...
[5 replies] Last: i still dont understand how to create a case in my switch that encom... (by Ganado)
Yes or No question, if "No" return to previous question

Hello, I am brand new to C++ programming. Sorry if this is simple, I looked it up a lot. I am wondering if there is a way to press Y or N to a question, and...
[2 replies] Last: Both of your if comparisons are checking upper case characters. Don't... (by George P)
Passing a Global into a Function and Altering it

Hello, I have a global variable of type orderBook. The class is detailed below. class orderBook { public: std::vector<priceLevel> levels; ...
[11 replies] Last: With index: size_t index = foo; if ( OB.levels .isEmpty() ) { index... (by keskiverto)
September 2019 Pages: 1234... 13
  Archived months: [aug2019] [oct2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.