Accessing pointed-to value in a struct vector of pointers

Hello, I have a somewhat complicated question. I have a vector (structures) in a struct (instances). I make a declaration of this struct called instance. The vector is a 3-layer vector of pointers, like so:
vector < vector < vector<scene::IAnimatedMeshSceneNode*> > > structures; (The type is from Irrlicht 3D). I have 3 nested "for" loops which looks similar to the following:
for (int a = 0; a < instance.structures.size(); a++) { /*note:vector size previously set*/
for (int b = 0; b < instance.structures[a].size(); b++){
for (int c = 0; c < instance.structures[a][b].size(); c++) {

if (1) { //checking value of variable not included in snippet
(instance.structures)[a][b][c] = smgr->addAnimatedMeshSceneNode(fl);
(instance.structures)[a][b][c]->setPosition(renderPos);
}

}
}
}

The problem is in these two lines, I think:
(instance.structures)[a][b][c] = smgr->addAnimatedMeshSceneNode(fl);
(instance.structures)[a][b][c]->setPosition(renderPos);

These are currently referencing the pointers, it seems. The program compiles but crashes at this point. I need them to reference the values of the pointers. Problem is, I don't know where to put the dereference operator (*). Where should it go?
which line the program crashed - 6th ?

The code looks correct to me. Because if the code reaches till the inner loop, the indexes should be valid. Did you check the trace where the program exactly crashing ?
It was actually the seventh line. Which makes me think that in line 6 I set the pointer to the value after the equals and I didn't set the value pointed to, which is why I though I needed a * somewhere. I don't really know, I'm pretty new to pointers but I have to use a vector of pointers because of certain functions in the IAnimatedMeshSceneNode class.
Irrlicht uses it's own types called "dimension3df" - I'm not sure if looking into this will help you at all - Its been a while since I've had to do anything surrounding this in Irrlicht.
What it is, or do you have a link to its documentation? I can't find it when I search for it.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.