HOW DO I MAKE TWO CLIENT APPS COMMUNICATE WITH EACH OTHER THROUGH A SERVER

Hi there, I've coded this client/server application and it works fine becuase a client can send a message to the server, so is the server to the client and mutiple clients can be connected to the server at the same time. But my problem is that I want two client to be able to communication with each other through the server. What I don't know how to do is to relay a message in the server from one client to the other. Is there a way to do this? By the way this is a chat application i'm creating.
Last edited on
Send message to server, server sends it to other client. What do you have problem with?
I would like to see your code, since I would like to learn to do this also. If you don't mind.

It seems to me that the client can send the server a msg because it knows it's address, it may not know the address for the other clients.

You can do what MiiNiPaa said, or you can create some kind of friends/contacts list, where the other clients address is available. This may sit on the server or something you add to each client.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.