MinGW: libpng won't build properly

So I need this libpng to be statically link with my dll to be used by my exe.
This dll is already done before until I switch my compiler from MSVC to MinGW, then this dll won't work anymore so I think I should rebuild it again through MinGW.
Now, I cannot resolve the linker errors that I get into libpng so I decided to rebuild it(libpng) myself again. Another problem arises with this zlib or libz (I don't know their difference), so I rebuilt it again and produces libz.a using make.
I then return to my dll where I want to link this libpng. No more linker errors. Now, when trying to run the test program it says, "zlib-svd-x86.dll is missing".. dang! there's no existing dll like this in the internet! Or I'm just too blind to find it. I use codeblocks as my IDE and..
I do think I mess up the settings there because it keeps adding the flags it added before repeatedly. So, I try to use msys to build again this dll file. Now it runs w/o any dll missing, but it seems not working.
As I remember, I never change the code before in my dll and I'm pretty sure it has no bugs in there.

That dll I am talking about is a textureloader and w/ functions returning the texture id of image been loaded. And it returns an id of 4 for its very first texture loaded and no image is shown in the screen. I try all the things I knew on how to build those individual files I needed but still no luck on working it properly. I don't think the problem is in my dll.
You need to use CMake to build zlib and libpng with MinGW on windows, MSYS is not required.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.