Second C++ Game!

Hello!
Here's my second c++ game, made with SFML 2.0.
It's a simple game where you have to drive a car to the end of a road.
It has only 3 levels by now.
Hope you guys enjoy it, and be sure to leave some feedback!

----------------------------------------
Download link:
http://www.4shared.com/rar/0JMloKAn/City_Rush.html?

Instructions:
-Arrows to move
-X for Turbo
-Esc for pause

---
Why use such a trash file hosting service? I had to make an account just to download...

It's pretty nice, but I've found a few "bugs":
1 - The plural of "life" is "lives," not "lifes." Not a big deal, but just wanted to point that out.
2 - You can die before you even start the game. Press up/down before pressing enter, and you will lose lives until you run out.
3 - Running out of lives kicks you from the game, which I thought was a tad harsh. The player should at least be presented with a restart/quit dialogue.

Some things that could be improved:
1 - Movement feels clunky. Cars normally shouldn't be able to make 90 degree turns in an instant. They should also not be able to accelerate to max speed in an instant. It might be worthwhile to revamp the control system, and maybe add in some acceleration to make movement feel more realistic.
2 - I noticed that the maps are pre-made. Does this mean that collision is all hardcoded for the maps? If that's the case, then making more maps will be a hassle. You may want to think about making a tile/grid system, so maps and collision will become more streamlined. This can also lead to user-created maps, and even the possibility of randomly generated maps!

Other than that, congrats on your second game! I hope I gave you some good ideas on where to take it next. Good luck.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.