code::blocks no longer giving any useful errors

I'm using Code:Blocks 12.11 on windows 7, with the built-in MinGW compiler. When I try and compile a program that has an error in it (misnamed variable, missing include, extra semi-colon somewhere, anything) instead of saying something about what went wrong it just has this:

Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings (0 minutes, 0 seconds)

Which is not particularly useful for debugging.
Did you check your flags? And what kind of program did you use to test the compiler's error checking?
Do you have more than one 'project' open? If so, which is the 'active' project?

If you can't figure that out, Menu => File => Close all Projects. And reopen the project you are currently working on.
@Daleth: I'm using the default flags (haven't added or removed any) which are -Wall, -O2, and -s. I could post the program if you want, but it happens with any C++ program I try.

@JLBorges: No, I only have one project open at a time.

Additional info - If I tell it to run code::blocks when the installer asks, it will give warnings/errors as usual. However, closing it and reopening will cause it to start only displaying the error in my first post.
Last edited on
Menu => Settings => Compiler => (tab) Other Settings
Choose: Full command line.

Rebuild. What is the build output that you get?
It was already set to full command line. The output from the Build Log tab:

-------------- Build: Release in binary (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

g++.exe -Wall  -O2     -c C:\Users\Standard\Documents\codeblocks\binary\main.cpp -o C:\Users\Standard\Documents\codeblocks\binary\.objs\main.o
g++.exe  -o binary.exe C:\Users\Standard\Documents\codeblocks\binary\.objs\main.o   -s  
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
Is this the source file? C:\Users\Standard\Documents\codeblocks\binary\main.cpp

Is C:\Users\Standard\Documents\codeblocks\binary\.objs\main.o created if you delete it and then rebuild?
Yes.

No.
Are you able to compile a file from the command line?

(cd to the MinGw bin directory and invoke g++ from there)
I can compile when there are no errors like normal, its when there is an error that it gives no useful error/warning messages
Ok, I'm at a loss here.

Hopefully, someone who uses CodeBlocks on a regular basis will take a look at this thread and identify the problem.

Bump
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.