Qt Application error in Debug mode, OK in Release Mode

I have Qt (i think 4.8.4) 32 bit statically compiled on my Windows 7 64 bit. The compiler I am using is mingw32-make.exe. When I build my project statically in release mode, files are generated succefully in the following directory: C:\Qt\Qt5.0.0\Tools\QtCreator\bin\Project-build-Unnamed_Microsoft_Windows_SDK_for_Windows_7_7_1_7600_0_30514_x86-Release

However, when I try to build it in Debug mode, it gives me the following compile errors
cannot find -lqtmaind
cannot find -lQtGuid
cannot find -lQtNetworkd
cannot find -lQtCored
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Please let me know what I can do to access the debug features. Also, what changes shall I have to make in my configuration so that I am able to build my project dynamically as well.

Thanks!
Last edited on
Linker errors. Debug mode compilation attempts to link debug-versions of libraries. They have 'd' in the end of the filename. In release you link in
*QtCore.*
, in debug
*QtCored.*
. You either don't have the debug versions, or the linker does not look from the right place. I suspect the former.
thanks for the reply.

So I assume I will have to download and copy and paste these libraries in the same directory as the release ones. right?
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.