Code Blocks Doesn't Work Anymore!

Pages: 12
For about 3 months Code Blocks worked fine and then one day I went on and it said: "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information". How do I fix this?
Last edited on
You could probably try contacting the application's support team.

wiseass answer aside. Try reinstalling?
Last edited on
The Code Blocks support team doesnt cover that kind of stuff and I already tried reinstalling it and it didnt do anything.
lol :)
anyone?
closed account (N36fSL3A)
Did you try re-installing?

Sorry, I read your first post and not your other.
Last edited on by Fredbill30
closed account (18hRX9L8)
megasnorlax wrote:
I already tried reinstalling it and it didnt do anything.

@Fredbill30 Please read the posts before posting.
Last edited on
closed account (N36fSL3A)
After reinstalling check the directory of codeblocks and manually delete the files.
Okay, I need more information. If you tried running code and that happened, post the code on here. Are you running CB on a Virtual Machine?

Look at this link and see if any one of the cases fits yours.
http://goo.gl/sGMbl
Last edited on
No, its not that it doesn't let me run a code, it doesn't let me run Code Blocks itself. I click on Code Blocks and it displays that message.
Last edited on
Okay, remove the configuration files of C::B for your user(s).

I am researching the location of those files... But for now, check in your Documents.

[EDIT] Found it: "\Documents and Settings\[USER]\Application Data\codeblocks" or "%USERPROFILE%\Application Data\codeblocks" [/EDIT]
Last edited on
I couldn't find it.
Last edited on
Just use a text editor suited for programming. On windows I use notepad++, linux = gedit with built terminal or emacs, mac = xcode. If you must really use an IDE, use eclipse or netbeans
Try looking up "codeblocks" in all files on your Mac Finder.
I don't have Mac I have Windows.
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
uhhh smac... you know xcode is an ide not a text editor right?
no I did not know that. what makes it an ide?
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
you can create a project, it has multiple templates, it has break points, an inline debugger, and the iphone simulator
closed account (G309216C)
I do not use Code::Blocks but all I can suggest is to first scan for Malware using few Free online scanners because few Malwares do delete vital files of IDE's to prevent developers creating "anti-dote" for the malware.

Next try re-installing it even if you tried try downloading a newer or older version.

If you have to, re-install\format your whole Operating System.
I do not use Code::Blocks but all I can suggest is to first scan for Malware using few Free online scanners because few Malwares do delete vital files of IDE's to prevent developers creating "anti-dote" for the malware.

Next try re-installing it even if you tried try downloading a newer or older version.

If you have to, re-install\format your whole Operating System.

why would stopping them from using the IDE stop them from programming? seems like they would prefer attacking the compiler if anything?
Pages: 12