Annoying Error??

I'm attempting to use ROS library. They're mentioning clearly that this library may not work properly in Windows even though there are installation instructions for Windows users. I'm trying to use simple examples to see if this library could serve me. These errors that I'm getting so far

>c:\opt\ros\fuerte\x86\include\ros\service_client.h(180): error C3861: '__builtin_expect': identifier not found
1>c:\opt\ros\fuerte\x86\include\ros\service_client.h(180): error C3861: '__builtin_expect': identifier not found
1>c:\opt\ros\fuerte\x86\include\ros\service_client.h(180): error C3861: '__builtin_expect': identifier not found

When I move to service_client.h, I'm getting error in this function
ROS_ERROR("Exception thrown while while deserializing service call: %s", e.what());

ROS_ERROR is underlined by zigzag red line and this is what it is showing me
'__builtin_expect': identifier not found

Any suggestions?
It sounds like you copied the libraries from a different environment rather than using a buld for your compiler/os. It's complaining about a missing internal symbol.
@kbw,
thanks for the quick reply. I did follow the instructions of windows. Do you think this issue has something to do with the compatibility?
I have no idea what you were asked to do, so I can't answer that.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.