trouble grasping a* pathfinding

hello everyone, my current data structure class is not going great. the teacher does not know anything about the class as he does not ever deal with it, so we are learning from YouTube videos and when we was shown a* all the videos went over logic which is great but it did not teach any of us how to code a* so i was wondering are there any books or videos that teach a*?

me and most of my class have been trying to find something but the only video i have found is shit so any help would be greatly appreciated thank you

Last edited on
That looks like the declaration of a pointer. You should post the full line where it appears.
I think by A* he means the algorithm for finding a path?

I know Wikipedia has psuedocode and an explanation, but I'm not sure how good those are...they tend to be useful if you already know what it's doing lol.
A-star is pathfinding. The two popular ones I see named is A* and Dijkstra's algorithms. Outside of googling for examples, I don't know what good resources there are for learning to use it. A good book is Programming Game AI by Example by Matt Buckland, but don't know of any sites. Sorry.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.