SNMP++ library with QT project

Hi all, please, help me with this task. I'm new to C++ and QT.

I am making a Network Management Station written with QT. I need a SNMP implementation library.
I have chosen this one : http://www.agentpp.com/snmp_pp3_x/download_snmp_ppv3/download_snmp_ppv3.html
more specifically http://www.agentpp.com/snmp++v3.2.23.tar.gz this archive,
but I really don't know how to add it to my project.
I am using Windows XP. The project is written in QT, my IDE is the new QT Creator.
I was a JAVA developer, now I started to work with C++ but I have lot of problems.

The SNMP lib that I gave you link for is just an archive with sources, there is no ".lib" or ".dll" or .a or .so or .jar or anything like this, there are just sources.
To include a library to QT project, I have to define a new LIBS config parameter in the QT project file. (this is told in the documentation)

But I don't know what to do with this archive I gave you link for.
Should I compile it to produce a .lib for example ? I don't know how ! There is nothing about it in the README file.
Should I add the sources directly to my project ? I have tryied, but I have obviously missed something....

Please, help me.

Best regards

p.s. : I am using QT 4.5 and I need SNMP v1.
Last edited on
Or if anyone knows any other good library implementing SNMP, please, tell me.
Please find your makefile (Makefile or Makefile.Debug or Makefile.Realise).
Then find the following string in the makefile
INCPATH = .......

My makefile includes the following string.

INCPATH = -I"c:\Qt\4.5.0\include\QtCore" -I"c:\Qt\4.5.0\include\QtGui" -I"c:\Qt\4.5.0\include" -I"." -I"c:\Qt\4.5.0\include\ActiveQt" -I"debug" -I"." -I"c:\Qt\4.5.0\mkspecs\default" -I"full_path_to_folders_with_headers"

Please change the selected to correct path. And keep in mind you need only to add parametr to makefile, please don't delete anything from it.
I don't understand... the Makefiles are automaticaly generated by QT Creator.
The library I have downloaded is not compiled. :( And there is no makefile for Windows.
I understand it. I mean your generated makefile by QT creator.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.