How to make VC++ go to line of the error.

I'm switching from Dev c++ to VC++ and in Dev, if you double clicked the error in the error console, it took you to where the error was. in VC++ it tries to bring up a dialog box that talks about local help/online help contents being installed, etc. How can I make it just go to the line of the error?
in VC++ it tries to bring up a dialog box that talks about local help/online help contents being installed, etc.

I've never heard of this happening.

Are you talking about compiler errors? Compiler errors are shown in an error window just like in Dev C++. And also like Dev C++.. double clicking on the error will jump you to the offending line of code.

VC++ would only give you a popup box if you had some kind of runtime error... like a bad memory access or something. In which case you can press one of the buttons (I forget which one.. "Retry"?) to "debug the application" and it'll snap the debugger and bring you to the exact line of code the crash occurred on. Or at least it does this for Debug builds -- probably not Release builds.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.