Codeblocks not finding libs, permission denied

Pages: 12
closed account (NUj6URfi)
I upgraded to code::blocks and now I have the errors while trying to install sfml and sdl (to use in a dual project): \Codeblocks libs:Permission Denied

Codeblocks libs is a custom folder I created and copied libs from the lib folders to because I got the same errors in the actual folders and thought it might be because of their location. What should I do?
Well?
Please help.
Did you follow tutorials on how to set up these with code::blocks?

(you have to do more than just copy libs over)
Last edited on
Yes and I did it exactly minus the folder location. I tried it with the correct location though.
Well?
How about some more details? When do you get this error? Are you sure everything is correctly linked (and in the right order)? Did you get all the right names of things? What compiler and OS are you on?
Last edited on
Code::Blocks, newest version, windows 7. All my linker stuff is "missing" and the folder I put the stuff in has the error ld C:\<file path> Permission denied. What do you mean by order?
Well?
Please help.
Well?
Thank you. Finally some help.
Now I have the error:

Process terminated with status -1073741510 (0 minutes, 4 seconds)

I skipped a screen because there was no instructions on it and I feel that may be the problem.
What step do you get the error and what screen did you skip?
The one when you select your SFML project and it shows a screen to browse to stuff and I skipped that step and went to the next one and browsed to the sfml files then.
toad1359 wrote:
The one when you select your SFML project and it shows a screen to browse to stuff and I skipped that step and went to the next one and browsed to the sfml files then.
I'm not sure what you mean, can you give the step number?
Did you link the libraries in the compiler settings? Also you don't exactly need to link SDL Code::blocks has the option to create a SDL project. Not sure if it is for SDL 2.0 yet though unless code::blocks recently updated.
Wait, do you mean Code::Blocks comes with a standard install of sdl for a sdl project? I don't know the step number but tomorrow I can redo the steps to tell you.
Well giblit?
Pages: 12