Hardware programming and c++?

I'm too lazy to learn assembler (I know a little bit of it, but I like c++ and I'd like to "master" one language first), and I'd like to do some basic hardware programming, like controlling LEDs with GUI app and stuff, but I can't find any tutorials on the net, any suggestions where I should start?
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
technically you learn assembly and it is compilled with an assembler. i dont know if you can do that with c++. what is the end goal
well we had few courses with assembler in school, but I didnt like it at all, also we used some visual studio version that had templates for some displays (like those u have on calculator), but we never got anywhere, we just tried to show some number (just virtually), but that was it, so I guess it actually is possible to use c++ to write a program for piece of hardware, but of course, while using assembler/assembly (idk which one it is) in it, at least that's how we did it, but I have no idea where to start with this

like controlling LEDs with GUI app and stuff, but I can't find any tutorials on the net, any suggestions where I should start?

Which LEDs do you mean?

Usually C/C++ could be used for hardware programming at any processor and platform. Howerver, this "C++ programming" would be simply retelling assembler instructions with C functions.

Shortly speaking, that is the reason for you have trouble searching for learning material. They are mostly expressed using assembly language with the idea that anyone who understand the matter enough can do the same in C.

So if you really care of hardware programming, try to learn fundamentals of assembler. Be sure, it is far far more simple than C++ :D
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.