Social Application

closed account (1v5E3TCk)
Hi guys,
I want to make a social application for our school. It will include a forum, radio, announcements section etc. but I need some more knowledge first.

I have never coded for mobile systems before, how can I code for Android and iOS?
How can I reach same data from different applications(networking etc.)?
How can I create a database?
I think it would be easy if I can display a webpage in an application, how can I do it?
Last edited on
For Android you code in Java. For iOS - in ObjectiveC. Webpages? Well, in php probably.
It looks like, this is the wrong forum for this questions.
Isnt there anyway to port my C++ program to android?
Well, there surely are ways, but interaction with device from C++ code would be much more difficult. There are readily available libraries in Java that support interaction with various device's features, like networking, display, touch screen, battery etc. They are well supported by Google and easy to use. Porting to C++ means a lot of hassle on your end, shortage of available resources, reinventing the wheel and so on.
Hmm, I dont have so much time to learn java :/
I want to be that guy that says if you have to learn something new then HTML 5 will probably do everything you're looking for.
Thanks for the converter I will try it.

I want to be that guy that says if you have to learn something new then HTML 5 will probably do everything you're looking for.

HTML 5? No thanks.
closed account (N36fSL3A)
senhor, make sure your flame retardant suits are up to date.
Flame retardant suits? What is that? :D

Edit: Java looks similar to C# and C# is similar to C++ and I know C++ and a little bit C#. I think it cant be so hard to learn Java. Is there any tuts for coding for Android?
Last edited on
HTML vs. Java = Flame war.
I found that: http://developer.android.com/training/index.html
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.