need some better ideas urgently!

i am a moderate programmer and my programming style is to be user-friendly.
in next 3-4 days i want to complete any one good project to show in school.so, i just need some ideas regarding some good projects (~1000 lines or 30-40 pages).
i know some about classes,inheritance,data file handling,if/else,for/while/do-while,conditionals,arrays & functions.
my past experience :-
i have made the famous game tic-tac-toe by myself & another user-friendly game with some adventure.
*note*
the theme of the project is automation.
Last edited on
Does your tic-tac-toe game have a computer opponent? If no, this would be good idea to write one. Though it perhaps would be not as long as 30-40 pages.

You can also create self-learning algorithm instead of minimax. The idea is here:
http://boingboing.net/2009/11/02/mechanical-computer.html

Among other popular programming projects here are "The game of Life" by John Conway
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conway's_Game_of_Life

It is really cool and it is easy to write simple stupid implementation (working on rectangular array) but the variant with no limitations on field size (and no storage for the empty field cells) is somewhat harder.
1)yeah i have the computer opponent
2)i want some management projects not games(sorry i was in hurry last time)
i want something like library management system or a shop management system but these two are ~10-15 pages....i want bigger projects
Last edited on
But you speak of ~1000 lines which is not too much for even simple business-oriented program.

What are you measuring in "pages" by the way?

Write simplistic prototype of web-shop. I think it will take enough time and efforts of you (especially since C++ is not greatest instrument for big enterprise-oriented projects).

You'll have database with the following tables at least:
- products;
- categories;
- orders;
- users.

You'll have web-pages to select categories and products, viewing the "basket", filling the order - and some pages for managers - processing orders, adding products and categories, viewing reports.
thanks ..... i liked this idea and will work work on it with a little modification of different users concept and log-in/out + registering new user
Try Tweaking things for ubuntu or fedora. like change the normal way of using linux.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.