Need your help

Hey guys. Recently, I've started programming my little program called vLibrary (program I want to make for the library in my city) and after I m done with console application I will try to implement wxWidgets.

Until then, I need some help.

My program will be able to add new users to the system, new books and new librarians.

Now, I m confused what data types to use and how to store objects (newly created users, books etc) to my program so later on they can log in the system etc.

Logic of the program is completely clear to me but I m not sure how to make array of objects and store them in memory or in a certain file, how to store password and make some kind of encryption etc.

Could you please point me in the right direction and tell me which data structure from STL should I use and how.

Thanks in advance,
Aleksandar
Logic of the program is completely clear to me
It's normal to write down the design somehow. You'll find that UML provides a number of possible ways to describe your design.

I m confused what data types to use and how to store objects (newly created users, books etc) to my program so later on they can log in the system etc.
Ideally, you'll want your program to remember users, books etc between runs, so it'll need to store that stuff somewhere. If it's just a personal project (or for school), you could use a set of files, but if it's normal to use a database for that sort of thing.

I m not sure how to make array of objects and store them in memory or in a certain file, how to store password and make some kind of encryption etc.
There's a lot it that statement. Why don't you just focus on a couple of things; say Users and Books, and try to work out what you want to do with those to begin with.
I have finished my project in UML (Visual Paradigm) already and I m very familiar with pseudo code, that's not the problem.

What I'm saying is that I'm not sure which data structure to use and how to save different users somewhere.

For example, I want to save objects of users in a vector and I want to be able to manipulate with them (search for users, remove users, edit users etc).

I already know which algorithms I will use for sorting, searching etc but I m not sure for example how to save user registration data somewhere.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.