Separating a String into Integers

Hello. I have a string that the user will enter. Assume the user is not destructive or that I have set up the proper statements so it is input correctly. I need it to be separated into individual integer elements of an array. I know how to use an array and string, I just don't know the keywords for taking each digit and making it its own integer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
do you mean read in a string that is full of numbers (ie "1020904390358943093058930589462833") and read each digit into an array of type int?
for (unsigned int i = 0; i < s.size(); i++) {
	cout << atoi( s.substr(i, 1).c_str() );
}

Note that atoi() returns 0 if it fails. stoi() in c++11 is of modern with exceptions and everything, but unfotunately I can't use it, because mingw 4.8.1 doesn't support it.

As most of my tasks have to do with streams anyway, I usually check the validity with
(stringstream_object >> int_number).fail(). isdigit() checks one character for its "digitness".

Hope it helps.

BTW: Users are destructive and they blame you for it, and they do misunderstand statements. Ever heard of the "any key anecdote"?
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.