C++ Project

What Dev C++ project can I do to present on our defense? Please give me ideas, don't worry about codes I'll make it. Just anything useful.. Btw, I'm in first year college. I'm still a beginner so make it moderate. Super Thanks :*
That makes no sense to me.
"our defense"??
Why mutexe? What's wrong with it? Am I grammatically incorrect? :(
I don't think so, i just don't know what you mean by it?

"our" implies you assume we're all the same country maybe?

edit: I guess i'm asking you to be a little bit more specific :)
Last edited on
Maybe you just misunderstood it. What I was trying to say in "on our defense" means that it was for my school project. But, I typed in "our" because each of us students will be doing an useful program. Did I make it right now? :)

Anyhow, thanks for letting me know my mistake(if ever i had). Can you give me idea for my project? :) It can be for entertainment or getting information. Thanks :D
I think the word "defense" in British schools is like a presentation of an idea to the fellow students and teachers.

The problem with giving project ideas to other people is that we don't know you. It's important to pick an application that interests YOU so you stay enthusiastic about it. Also, we don't know your coding skills. I always suggest you look at your hobbies and create a program that will actually be fun or useful for you after you're finished getting graded.
> I think the word "defense" in British schools is like a presentation of an idea to the fellow students and teachers.

A thesis or dissertation defence is the presentation of a thesis/project/research idea and justifying its relevance. All over the English speaking world.

Spelling the word as 'defense' suggests that a North American college may be involved here.
Moderate level?

Console only or are you looking for something that touches graphics?

Some ideas:

Console game : Life (think Sim Earth but with a grid of characters/symbols/etc to represent land, life, or events.

Battleship (Console or GUI)
Hangman.. or more challenging Wheel of Fortune (GUI)

Minesweeper (GUI)

If you are more looking toward business applicable....

Classroom Gradebook (Console)
Budget Tracker (GUI or Console) - think 'Quicken' but simpler
Inventory Directory (Console)

Hope those at least give you some ideas. Good luck.
Thanks HellfireXP. I'll try to make that Budget Tracker or Inventory Directory. :)
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.