C++11 and Boost Library

I have a co-worker that keeps telling me that Boost is part of the C++ standard (assuming C++11 standard). I saw that TR1 contained 10-11 new methods based on Boost Libraries but I can seem to find anything in C++11. Can anyone list the Boost Libraries that are contained in C++11?
Boost has had a very heavy influence on C++11, however there are no parts of Boost that have been directly adopted into C++11. There are, however, very close matches - look at the smart pointer classes that were added, for example, as well as std::function.
Last edited on
Can anyone list the Boost Libraries that are contained in C++11?

Just like when parts of STL were turned into a C++ standard requirement in 1994-1998, it's not a library that becomes "contained" in C++, it's that C++ standard now requires all compiler vendors to ship their own libraries, whose interface matches the interface that evolved in some boost library and then was turned into a standard requirement.

(I think the list from stackoverflow post above is missing a few things - exception_ptr, system error, prev/next and begin/end, it's hard to track down everything)
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.