[win32api] can't enter text since editcontrol is too small

when I enter enough characters to fill the edit control, it wont allow me to enter more, like this: http://filebeam.com/0834d45f0cb05fd7e4527674ab61f633.jpg

the only thing that I could think of is to handle the notification code when I have inserted max amount of characters and to resize the edit control, therefore allowing me to enter some more, but that doesn't work, since there is no notification code for this - I tried EN_ERRSPACE and EN_MAXTEXT, but none of those are working... and yes, I have ES_AUTOHSCROLL, however the edit control is multiline with wantreturn, so I can subclass when the user presses RETURN key... any suggestions?

project: https://mega.co.nz/#!Cho3xIAa!rTBzT8nlkMEA3fv99qx6q6qVEED4O67qtPiAHlSr848
Last edited on
bump
I tried that one too, doesn't work
bump
bump
anyone?
Perhaps instead of bumping and saying "it doesn't work" without further information, you could supply a minimal, compilable code sample that exhibits the behavior you don't want but that you believe should exhibit the behavior you do want.

You might want to also move this thread to the correct forum (Windows Programming).
Last edited on
@cire if u'd take a look at the project u'd notice a subclass callback for the edit control, which has FEW lines, also I described the problem, in my opinion, perfectly and provided every information needed

also this thread was in windows programming till yesterday, when I moved it to the general c++, since the thread is old almost 2 weeks already and there are no replies, since windows programming section looks DEAD

edit: here's simplified project, I have found out why it's not working - when I use CENTER style, it wont be able to scroll the text, however it works just fine without the center

https://mega.co.nz/#!WpBHgJyY!VQ5t2PaDSyn9C1gA-XRc0t-Ces5kJLPSLRs53RQMcPY
Last edited on
if u'd take a look at the project u'd notice a subclass callback for the edit control, which has FEW lines, also I described the problem, in my opinion, perfectly and provided every information needed

I'm not going to download and browse through your zip file to find a FEW lines of code. If only a few lines of code are needed, then post them. I suspect that your project doesn't reflect the changes and failures you've made since this thread began, so I'd only have your "it didn't work" to go by with regards to the link I posted earlier.

also this thread was in windows programming till yesterday,

Your thread was garnering no responses because you aren't making it easy for anyone to help you, not because the windows section is DEAD.
Have you tried sending EM_LINESCROLL to the edit control to manually scroll the text?
@cire I made you an app from the scratch just because u asked for it and then u'll never come back again? how wonderful
我也不懂
I made you an app from the scratch just because u asked for it and then u'll never come back again?

I asked for a minimal compilable code sample. Not an archive of a project and associated source and resource files.

I didn't think it was necessary to reply since you already seem to have found the source of your problem:
mekkatorqu wrote:
I have found out why it's not working - when I use CENTER style, it wont be able to scroll the text, however it works just fine without the center

Which seems perfectly reasonable to me. You can't "center" text while keeping the cursor (and newly input text) visible when the amount of text you enter exceeds what can be shown.
okay, and what's the notification message for when I enter text that fills what can be shown? or message that increases the amount of chars?
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.