Question about my book

Hi. I planned to use the book ''Programming - Principles and Practice Using C++'' by Bjarne Stroustrup. I find it hard to learn using this book. We got for example the first ''Hello world'' program like this in the book:
#include "std_lib_facilites.h"

int main()
{
cout<<"hello world!\n";
return 0;
}

When it can be like this:
#include <iostream>

int main()
{
  std::cout << "Hello World!";
}

You also need to download the specific std_lib_fac file to use code like this:#include "std_lib_facilites.h"

I find this hard to learn when they make the code like that instead of using #incude <iostream> wich works right away, without any extra downloads.

Should i just try to learn this online instead of using the book? Tips?
The file specified by the book will make it easier for you to follow the instructions given in the book without having to find what library you need. It already contains all the libraries the book author thinks will be enough for you to follow the instructions given in the book.

This is especially useful for people who have not installed most c++ libraries in their machine, this allows those people to have access to the functions in these libraries provided the file is in the same directory as the source code. If you already have gcc on your machine and are fairly familiar with most c++ libraries, you can go ahead and ignore the file and just include the libraries you need (just like you have done).
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.