should i learn GUI?

hi,

i wanted to learn GUI but my firend said when you become a programmer you will design core of Program and then someone else other programmers will design the GUI parts !

so, should i keep learning console programming and get good at it (currently reading thinking in c++) or i need to know GUI too for future?!
im only 15 years old now and trying to learn programming :(
GUI is totally different from console programming, also it depends on the OS and its not so simple.I believe you should stick to console programming for now.

popa6200
You should learn C++ and then get a look on popular GUI libraries. They wraps all platform depended stuff suggesting you unifonm interface.
when you become a programmer you will design core of Program and then someone else other programmers will design the GUI parts !
That depends. Usually it will be like that only in very large companies. And in either case, you will nedd GUI for your own internal application, quick mock-ups to know how it will work and other.
So, when you get better at C++, get familiar with popular libraries (not only GUI)
> when you become a programmer you will design core of Program and then someone else other programmers will design the GUI parts!

Yes, yes, yes. And most of the time, those GUI parts would not be written in C++ (even if there is no other programmer, and you are writing the GUI yourself).
Last edited on
Thanks, but now i have some more questions :
How should i know if im good enought at console??!

When i am, how should i combine them? And what libraries do you recommend me , i want to programm gui for windows but after that for linux ,

I think i need to know GUI probably, but need a little on where and what to start!

I heard Qt is slow , my cousin tols me if you write core in c++ and only GUI in qml it wont be :o
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.