Want to program inventory databas for movie theater

Hey guys, not sure if this is the right forum to post this on but here goes nothing... I work at a small movie theater and am a computer science major going into my junior year in college. They told me they got rid of their old database set-up and right now dont want to pay a couple thousand for a new set-up. I'm comfortable now working with databases right now and figure I will see what I can do, maybe I can set this up. Now I see that the cash registers are hooked up using phone lines.... what kind of input into a system would a phone line give and would it just get hooked up like a normal line into the back of a computer?? Any help or direction to look is greatly appreciated!!
Um... Sounds to me like you need to go and take a closer look at your hardware infrastructure before you can start thinking about what you'll implement. How are we supposed to know how this thing that appears to be a network is hooked up?
Perhaps you could contact the original maintainer/s and ask him/them what he/they had set up.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.