C++ Vs Java

What are the major differences between C++ and Java programming Language ?
Let us fish them out.
This sounds like homework.
Smells a lot like spam, but in the off chance it isn't

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=c%2B%2B+vs+java
Smac89, I have been spending lots of time at the cafe trying to get the similarities and differences between the both of them.
I just hope this portal will be of help.

Your opinions and contributions will be highly appreciated.
The differences? Well some research has told me this and I am only saying the research, not me personally yet at least not till the end:
Java runs from a VM or the JVM specifically while C++ runs off the Processor.
C++ is influenced by some C syntax and with many Object Oriented Additions while Java's Syntax is based loosely off of C/C++.
C++ supports native unsigned arithmetic while Java does not.
Java Resource Management must be done manually while C++ can be done with manual or by automatic scope-based resource management
C++ supports classes, structs, and unions, and can allocate them on the heap or the stack while Java only does Classes
C++ allows explicitly overriding types while Java has explicit Type Safety most if not all the time
C++ has operator overloading for most operators while Java does not allow this
C++ single and multiple inheritance of classes, including virtual inheritance. Java only has single inheritance unless done through interfaces but that is same as C++ using an abstract class
Plenty of others but that is all I shall say for now
Java's resource management is done automatically. For this reason, there is no such thing as a destructor when it comes to objects in java.
well java is pure object oriented language while c++ is not pure OOPs
SHOTS FIRED! TAKE COVER!
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.