Shared memory between processes

Hi guys

Say now I have a dll, loaded and run by a 32bit program. One of the things that I access from the program in the dll are several 1024x1024 int buffers. However I would like to put some data into those buffers from a external process. And I would like a separate thread in that external process for each buffer. Is there any way I can make that memory space accessible to the external process so I can use my own multi threaded memory transfers to pass that data over provided I ensure that the original process doesn't try to do anything with that data? And I would like to do this without resorting to the Read/WriteProcessMemory functions which are not threadsafe. In short, I want to set up direct memory access between the 2 programs without creating any intermediate shared memory buffers ie I want to set permissions for an existing memory space. Is this possible?

Thanks
JB
ReadProcessMemory and WriteProcessMemory are the best options I've seen. You can also run the process as a child to directly access the memory of the program (I believe)
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.