Website Data Gathering

I got in an argument with some of my peers at work about Pandora.com. They claim that Pandora is consistently repetitive in their song selections. I, however, do not experience this and would like to back it up with some hard, statistical, evidence.

Is there a way I can create a c++ program to log artist and song titles as I listen to Pandora?
This is a flawed premise. Pandora chooses songs based on user feedback. If the feedback determines that the particular user has a much more narrow preference of music in the context of the songs they have available, then that user will experience more repetition in the songs being played.

This is a flawed premise. Pandora chooses songs based on user feedback. If the feedback determines that the particular user has a much more narrow preference of music in the context of the songs they have available, then that user will experience more repetition in the songs being played.

I realize this, and this was my argument. Direct statistics would make my point concrete.

However moot the premise is, I think the exercise would be educational... to me anyway.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.