Pretty much lost

I am almost pressed for time and don't have a good grasp of programming from scratch. I am looking for someone to help me with this I have skype if you are open and willing to help me.

Write a program to read a list of 50 integer from a file and place them in an array. Then write a function which performs a LINEAR search on the list. The pseudocode for the LINEAR search is as follows:
• Get the item value to search for
• WHILE (The item is not found) and (more items remain)
• Compare the current value to the test value
• If they are the same, stop the item is found
• If they are different keep going
• At the end of the process, return the location (index) where the item was found and -1 if it is not found.
Create a second program with a linear search, but this one will be based on the list being in order. The algorithm is the same as above except it can stop when it finds a value greater than the test item.
Finally, create a third program which performs a BINARY search. This one also requires the list be in order. The algorithm is as follows:
• Start with LOW being the first index in the list and HIGH being the last one.
• Make a guess of the average of these two, that is the number in the middle.
• If the item at that location is too HIGH, that means the item comes before that item in the list so adjust HIGH to be GUESS - 1.
• If the item at that location is too LOW, that means the item comes after that item in the list so adjust LOW to be GUESS +1.
• Repeat the process until either the item is found or LOW > HIGH *which indicates the item was not found).
• Return the location where it is found or -1 if the item is not in the list.
As a final step, add statistics for the number of tests done in each search and print that on the screen. Also Identify how a search could be used in conjunction with any of these searches and whether that would be necessary.
Please note, that this is not a homework site. We won't do your homework for you. However we are always willing to help solve problems you encountered, correct mistakes you made in your code and answer your questions.

We didn't see your attemts to solve this problem youself and so we cannot correct mistakes you didn't made and answer questions you didn't ask. To get help you should do something yourself and get real problems with something. If your problem is "I don't understand a thing", then you should go back to basics and study again. As it is impossible to find deriviative of function without knowledge in ariphmetics, you cannot do more complex tasks in programming without clear understanding of basics
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.