Game Development

Hello ,

i am programming for a year i have started with PASCAL , then i moved to C++ , i have bought a book , i have started with console applications , now i am working with files , i want to become game developer , everyone know companies like Blizzard , Valve , and their great games this is what i want to do i know its really hard but i want it , i am working in visual c++ 2008 express edition i am doing console applications what should i do now ? i have heards about Dark GDK (addon) this is for games but i am not sure if itsnot not waste of time to work with something u cannot use in future (experiences from that) so which addons or libraries i have to use i dont mean Super mario games but i want to prepare to work as game developer (dota2,diablo3,etc)

thanks for info
i am working in visual c++ 2008 express
First of all move to the something supporting C++11, for example VS2013 express.

i want to prepare to work as game developer (dota2,diablo3,etc)
Learn programmng. That is all.
By the way, you do know that you won't touch actual game and instead will only see code? You will not decide what is going into game and instead will just implement what game designes decided? Programming in game industry is not much different from, say, programming Internet Explorer: you have a task, you do it.
programming is not all, need to learn vector maths as well.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.