C++ Project

Hi,
I am looking for a volunteer programmer to help with the following problem:

We have a two year old daughter with about 2000 family pictures on our mobile phones, laptop and iPod. We are beginning to lose context about when the picture was taken, where and what the event is.

We could use a clever programmer to develop a programme to do the following:

To some how categorize the pictures by date, time and cirumstance, could the pictures meta tags somehow be used to categorize by date and location and if it can be done in such a way that we only have to categorize each related picture in a category only once e.g. If one picture taken on the same day on our daughters birthday and location as our daughters birthday be categorized as our daughters birthday...

Anyone willing to take this on?

Last edited on
I think this is less about programming, and more about file management.

Here's what I do at home (it might work for you too).
1. I have a single hard-drive on a machine that's always on dedicated to pictures (NAS with RAID1)
2. It is available to all of the other devices in my house via a network (CIFS/FTP) and available when I'm away from home via SFTP & DDNS.

Now we have a situation where I have a "cloud" with files that I can access from anywhere on any device. So at the end of my day of picture taking, I just upload all of my files onto that central location.

Now we just need a scheme so it's easy for us to search for something. I just have a single folder for each "circumstance" and use this naming convention:
YYYY_MM_DD_MaxFourWordDescription

Now when I want to look at my photos, I sort my folders by name and I have a chronological list of everything. My very short description then tells me what the content of that folder is:
2003_03_03_KatiesBirthdayParty
2004_12_24_ChristmasAtGrandmas
2004_06_13_ClocktowerPubWithJeff
2003_05_24_Hawaii

Topic archived. No new replies allowed.