Problem with POCO libraries on VS 2012

closed account (423hURfi)
I followed the directions here to setup up POCO: http://www.davidrogers.id.au/wp/?p=1697.

For the most part it worked fine, until I tried to compile a test program. I got a LNK 1104 error because of a file called PocoFoundationd.lib that could not be found. I was able to fix this by adding POCO_STATIC to preprocesser definitions, however a new error popped up. Also a LNK 1104, for a PocoFoundationmdd.lib file. If someone can help me get this library working without anymore issues, it would be greatly appreciated.
do you have visual studios set up to link to those libraries?
Step 12 has a typo and should be Additional Library Directories.
closed account (423hURfi)
@Little Bobby Tables I thought the whole point of those instructions was to link the libraries to vs 2012. If they weren't linked, then wouldn't the methods and constructors not show up in the autocomplete boxes? And wouldn't the lines of code be marked as incorrect?

@naraku9333 I'm fully aware of that typo, it's not that hard to figure out what it should have said.
PocoFoundationd.lib and PocoFoundationmdd.lib are the debug versions of the library. The "md" actually means "Multi-threaded DLL" Where "multi-threaded DLL" denotes how the library links to the runtime and the final "d" denotes that its a debug build.

Build a release version of Poco (so the resulting libraries don't have the trailing 'd'), decide how you want them to link to the runtime. This should match your executable or you'll end up with linker errors. Then add the directory containing the resulting libraries to the "Additional Library Directories" of your executable.

If you look inside the "Foundation" folder you will find a bunch of VC solutions which also include a test application. You should be able to figure out how to set up your project from the TestApp.

If they weren't linked, then wouldn't the methods and constructors not show up in the autocomplete boxes?

Intellisense is the autocomplete that you're referring to. It obtains its information from the header files which are parsed by Visual Studio and have nothing to do with the linker.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.