give some gtkmm resources

hi, if you have some gtkmm resources such examples and tutorials, please share them here :)

gtkmm provides tutorials, examples and reference documentation but If you have any more that would be great.
in particular drag'n'drop API. since this one is not nice explained in examples.

thanks so much!
Last edited on
closed account (10X9216C)
Gtk is a pain to build on windows, there are like 1000 dependencies and you have to build them one by one (they all have their own separate build method to boot). I don't think they use cmake or anything like that from what i recall. They also don't provide prebuilt binaries so you have to build them yourself. I'd say save yourself the trouble and use something else that is a bit more cross platform friendly, if that's what you are shooting for.
Last edited on
thank you for you opinion but I think you are wrong since building gtk+ or gtkmm libraries is as easy a typing a single line into the shell and you're done:

apt-get install libgtkmm-3.0-dev

once you type the above command you are ready to build some apps, all the dependencies are installed in less then 2 minutes.

I don't know how this is done on windows since I work on linux.
and yes both gtk+ and gtkmm are cross platform libraries, you can use them on windows, linux or mac.

edit:
on windows you can use the installer:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/gtkmm/MSWindows
Last edited on
closed account (10X9216C)
firstline wrote:
Gtk is a pain to build on windows, there are like 1000 dependencies and you have to build them one by one ...

It isn't that cross platform as they neglect the windows version, wouldn't doubt they neglect the mac version as well.

thank you for you opinion but I think you are wrong since building gtk+ or gtkmm libraries is as easy a typing a single line into the shell and you're done:

apt-get is debian's package distribution system (you are prob on Ubuntu i take it) if i recall correctly, it's different for other distros.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.