Arduino Bot: Virtual Controller and Path Map, How to...?

I know how to create your basic programm that compiles as a CLI or exports and/or saves data to a .txt file... But how does one build a GUI?

I ask because I am currently working on a programm for my Arduino controlled robot, in which I want to have a virtual on screen controller next to a map of my bots path.

How do I programm something like this
*bump*
closed account (10X9216C)
Well it depends on which board you got, you need some way to wirelessly connect with your robot. As for creating a path, to be accurate you need some sort of sensor. Not really an easy task unless you can just buy a component that's designed to do exactly that.
Currently I have it guided by an ultra sonic with an Arduino Uno as the brain. I'm now working on the code to make it BT compatable, so it can recieve commands from either my computer or a PS3 remote.

The thought is(assuming I used my computer instead of the PS3 remote as the controller), I should be able to controll the speed(rpm of the motor); and translate that data via wheel radius and time spent at that speed into distance. Then it's just a matter of setting "k" many pixles to "l" many inches/feet/ect.

My problem now is that,
1.) I've never coded anything using a GUI.
2.) I don't know what GUI to use.
Qt is fairly simple to use for GUI. http://qt-project.org/
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.