C++ 2D game library

Can you recommend me a 2D game library (NOT a game engine) that is similar to Apple's SpriteKit, but works on Windows/Linux with C++? I use SFML 2.1, but I would like to see if there is something better. It would be good if it uses object oriented principles (as my user name says :-)) and C++11 features (not necessary). If you can't find one, I will stick with SFML. I searched, but I found only these three. Now I want to hear your opinion.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited on
I know only that 3. But as far as i know SFML does support C++11 features...
C++11 is compatible with prior versions. Just because SFML 2.1 doesn't use C++11, doesn't mean you can't use it in your application. In fact, it's not uncommon to link to a library which was compiled in a completely different language. And most APIs I've worked with provide only a C interface (which you can wrap with something OO).

If you don't like SFML, SDL or Allegro (I like SFML). Try Qt. It's far more powerful, but far more difficult. If you still aren't satisfied, you could make your own wrapper.
Thank you very much. I will stick with SFML on Linux and try to learn SDL for Windows if I don't succeed at setting up SFML with Windows.

In fact, it's not uncommon to link to a library which was compiled in a completely different language.

Of course, for example SDL to Objective-C/C++, OpenGL to Objective-C/C++, GTK+ to Objective-C/C++, Win32 API to C++, Cocoa to Swift, Xlib to C++

I like SFML

Who doesn't?!. It is just awesome, the performances are great, and the thing it's (almost) completely OO!

Can you please tell me how to set up SFML 2.1 with Visual studio 2013 if it is possible?
Last edited on
Thank you very much! I built SFML from sources and added the SFML includes to C:\Program files\Microsoft Visual studio 12.0\VC\include and the libs to C:\Program files\Microsoft Visual studio 12.0\VC\lib and DLLs to C:\Windows\System32 and it works perfectly!
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.