Multiplayer game server and utorrent client.

Hello this might sound strange , but when i created a server no one could join not even me. So i looked online for fix and some guy suggested to get utorrent and have it open while my server is up. And now all the people could join my server. Can someone explain what is actually happening?
Where exactly did you find this "solution" OP? This sounds like the kind of advice that would come from 4chan.
Sounds like the firewall was blocking your program. If uTorrent is letting incoming connections get to your server for the mere fact of running at the same time, that's a serious security issue with uTorrent.
On google i looked for something like "whey other people cant see my minecraft server" . No it did not come from 4chan and the fix actually works .
I don't remember but you might need to set the correct port in utorrent settings.
I used this for my counter-strike multiplayer server back in the day.

Here is the actual video tutorial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klFzxBHHGVE

And yes you do need to set the correct port in utorrent client
preferences->connection->port used for incoming connections
Last edited on
... the fix actually works .

If I wanted to lose weight I could swallow a tapeworm. Would you call this a solution to my problem?

Like helios said, it sounds as if your firewall is blocking the connection. If that is the case then just add your app to the allowed list like a sane person would. Another possibility is that your router is blocking the traffic, the solution there is the same as it is with the firewall.

This IS a security issue. An application should only affect it's own access to and from your system. It should not allow anything else to operate on the same port. At least you've given me my project for the night OP, I'm going to look into this when I get home.
Ok, so i wont use this on my future servers , but i must say that is one easy fix for the problem.
If you anyone finds out what happens please post here im very interested.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.