Habemus C++14 (A question about TS)

After the Issaquah meeting the committee launched the Draft International Standard ballot which was voted unanimously successful. At the June 2014 C++ Standard meeting people from Microsoft identified some issues about the implementation of the filesystem TS spec to the original Boost implementer who along with some people familiar with the POSIX file-related APIs present fixed the problem and the TS will be available when C++14 standard is ready for publication.
I donĀ“t seem to finally make out why filesystem is a TS (Technical Specification) and not part of the core library. May someone please shed light on this?
An International Standard (IS) is the most formal consensus document approved by ISO's member nations, and so also requires the most ballotting for approval. We have one main IS: The C++ standard itself, project 14882.

A Technical Specification (TS) is a standalone document that contains technical specification meat (such as library class descriptions and language features) in some self-contained separable area, but where that specification isn't quite ready to be put into an IS, either because it's still immature or because some feel it's mature but there is not yet consensus. The TS mechanism allows the committee to publish a document to encourage implementation and gain experience in a subject area before proposing it for the standard itself; ...

https://isocpp.org/std/iso-iec-jtc1-procedures
Ok, I hadn't gotten that before, I used to think it (filesystem) was going to be a TS forever rather than seeing it as an experimental stage of sorts... Thanks!!
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.