Massive Assistance...

all, hello, i'm very new to the forum and c++ and i'm in need of massive help. i've procrastinated and don't even know where to start. i've got to write a program due in 48 hours. i've read some of the threads, and no, i don't want my homework done for me, but can you point me in the right direction to get started. here's my what my program should print out:

Write a program that incorporates the use of functions:

In the main() function , display a pleasing banner of your choosing
From the main function, call a user-defined function calcWealth() which prompts the user for his age, amount of cash on hand, number of dependents, and amount of money owed to creditors. You should use an ‘int’ to represent age and number of dependents but use a ‘long’ to represent amount of cash on hand and amount owed.
Next, from the main() function, call a user-defined boolean function, isRich(), which accepts as arguments the age, cash on hand, number of dependents, and amount owed. isRich() will calculate the “true cash value” and then determine if someone is rich. Here are the criteria for isRich():

The amount owed must be subtracted from the cash on hand to determine a preliminary “true cash value”
If a person is has no dependents and a true cash value of $1 million or more, he can be considered rich – regardless of age.
If a person is < 40 years old, subtract $150,000 from his true cash value for each dependent (e.g., if a person has three dependents, subtract $450,000)
If a person is 40-50 years old, subtract $75,000 from his true cash value for each dependent
If a person > 50 years old, subtract $25,000 from his true cash value for each dependent
Return the value of ‘true’ to main() is the person’s true cash value >= $1 million; otherwise, return a value of ‘false’
The main() function receives the boolean value from isRich() and displays a message indicating whether a person is rich or not.

thanks for any help you can offer. again, i don't want the program written for me, i just need somewhere to start.
Here is somewhere to start:
#include <iostream>

int main()
{
    std::cout << "a pleasing banner of your choosing" << std::endl;
}
Do what you can and when you get stuck, post the code you have so far and ask a specific question. This forum is fully ready to help you complete your assignment on time.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.