Simple GUI

Hi guys,
I am planning to write a software with GUI which is thought for people with no informatics software. Everything should be nice and easy to use. For this reason I am thinking about a GUI. So far I used Qt. It is fun and easy to use. However users will need to install Qt libraries on their computer and, since I am talking about not expert people, I would like to avoid this.
I need a GUI library that can stay in the software folder in a way that users can just double click on the program icon and start using it.
Do you have any suggestion?
(The software will run under linux 64bit)
Thanks for your help
This is what RPMs are for (or whatever package management system you wish to use).

Your users will have a near 50% chance of already having Qt libraries installed (KDE is one of the most popular desktop environment, and even if your user is using GNOME or XFCE or something, he may have Qt's libraries on his system to support certain programs).

And even if they don't, it doesn't take much to just make it a proper dependency of your package, so that the user's package manager installs it along with your package.

Another option is to use Tk, which is almost guaranteed to already be on your user's system, and has a pretty decent GUI. Though, if you aren't careful, it will default to the old Motif-style look.

Hope this helps.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.