Process incoming Wi-Fi data

Hi all!

Well, let's see whether I can explain properly what I want to do:

I have several machines (could be 1, 2, or 30) sending/receiving data to/from a computer via Wi-Fi. At the moment I am in the process of trying to store that data into txt files, but that is another issue. Say that I managed to have different txt files to pick up the information received, one per machine, now what I need is to process that information in the following way (will show with an example):

String data ("W" followed by the value that I need to process) is sent to the computer by every single machine, every 100 milliseconds, like:

W0.000
W0.000
W1.000
W25.000
W56.000
W70.000
W100.000
W100.000
W100.000
W123.000
W98.000
W30.000
W10.000
W0.000
W0.000

For the example above I need to store the value "100" (in a .csv file, one per machine) as it is the last "stable" value before the reading drops quickly to zero. Afterwards, I would use the stored data to create graphs and summaries, in a "live" mode, so the graphs are refreshed with the new data as they come in from the machines. I am using C++ with Visual C++ Express.

I would appreciate any help about how to get any approach for this or where I can find it

Thank you very much in advance!
So, what's the problem?
Hi helios,

Well, I donĀ“t know how design the algorithm to pick up the stable value after the reading goes back to 0 and do it in real time for all the machines at the same time.

Thank you for your reply!
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.