Debugger in visual studio

Hi,

When I would work on C++ Win32 console applications I would use of F11 for step into and F10 for step over in debugger (DEBUG tab of visual studio, say 2012). But now there function keys don't work as they should in C++ win32 projects. Is there any else method for following code lines in practice in win32 projects like the work that F10 and F11 would do in win32 console applications?
Those keys work for all project types, so I don't know what you mean.
They work but not correctly in win32 projects.
Note that stepping through a program compiled for release (i.e. with optimizations) is unreliable because the compiler performs all sorts of transformations on the code.
It's on debug mode. The answer is using run to cursor by right-clicking on main() function. Thanks for your responses :)
win32 projects does not have main() entry point, but WinMain. What exactly are you asking ?
Look at it please: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/141733/
It is common win32 project. It has main() function. That is I added it in my code because until now no code had been running without main()!
That code is a "console application", not a "win32 project" (using exacly the words in Microsoft terminology).

Maybe are you trying to debug a code without any entry point at all ? In that case I don't know if the debugger will work correctly.
I don't know what do you mean by entry point but if you mean entering something into the program, yes, I've did that.
And further more, it's a win32 project! I made it this way, File -> New -> Project -> Win32 Project -> OK and so on.

The procedure from beginning until preparing for pressing F5 to run is long way. If you like I offer a new link of prior post about that.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.