First Steps

"Hello World",

I am in 3rd Semester(1st half of 2nd year) studying Applied Informatics.
I knew some C and C++ before studying, but other than console oriented programs and solving some problems on euler project I didn't do much.

I found lots of projects on github but they were complex, I would need some time to understand how it's built up and how to code to finish it , hence I didn't even ask the author about anything, I would be more of a "delay-person"
to the project, rather than bringing a lot of use.

Questions :
1.Should I search further to find simple ones or what should I do ?(I'm a "desperate" student because I want to have some experience as soon as possible because learning university material won't make my CV prettier.)

2.If I could ask about personal experience : How did you start ?

Thank You
Well, the easiest ways are to use the libraries that have already been made by others, which are really efficient.
However, in school, the teachers will ask you to do it in specific ways which doesn't allow you to use those libraries. You have to make the algorithms yourself.

I suggest just learning input, output, the different types of data, how to make classes/structs, passing variables to functions and memory management.

How I started? I never made hello world. I just went in and tried to make applications that did small things like add things together, playing with strings, etc.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.