Can I make OSX apps with c++?

I have been programming for about a year now and I have jumped around a lot of languages trying to find what is best suited for me. I really liked python but I started to not like it because it was slow and a lot of the code was english which I did not really like. What I want in programming (for my teenage years) is to make applications and give them to people. I like macs and OSX, I have been on it for ages(love android phones though!) and my main question is: Can I make mac applications with a GUI with c++? is it worth using c++ or just use objc? The main thing that is holding me back with using objc is that I have to start again. I have tried so many languages and never ever got to a good level (except python I did it for a while) with any of them. And searching the web I have found a lot of stuff saying c++ is very important for a programmer. So I need your guys help on what is going to be the best option. To start fresh with objc or to keep on going with c++.
If you're going to use the GUI (which is the point of using a Mac), then you'll need to use Cocoa, which is Objective C, not C++.

Carbon is C++, but it was transitional and isn't supported.

You can use the C++ compiler with Objective C (called Objective C++), but the Cocoa framework uses the Smalltalk part of the language.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.