OpenGL/SDL: 0xc000007b application was unable to start correctly (compiles flawlessly)

I honestly have no idea what is going on here. The libraries all work. no compiler errors, so I have trouble understanding why the application won't work, unless it's my operating system blocking it for some reason or another.

SDL2.dll and glew32.dll are both in debug folder next to the executable.

Compiler is VS2013 Professional 32bit

Found this warning message as well while poking around

>MSVCRTD.lib(cinitexe.obj) : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'msvcrt.lib' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library

I managed to get the compiler to ignore msvcrt.lib as requested, and the code now compiles with absolutely no errors or warnings, yet the run time error 0xc000007b application was unable to start correctly, still persists
Last edited on
Only thing I can think of is a library version mismatch. This might happen if you are using 32-bit libraries in a 64-bit program, for example.

At any rate, I would narrow the culprit by isolating libs as much as possible. Start with just SDL and see if you can get a skeleton program running. Then add glew to it later. That'll at least help pinpoint which library is gumming the works.
Thanks Disch, it seems that was the case, for I repasted the libraries and made sure they were 32 bit as well as removed a DLL file that I hadn't noticed I stuck in there and it seems to now work perfectly :)
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.