Can't create new classes correctly..

I'm getting error messages when i try to create a new class in a project in codeblocks. I'm doing it as I write this, project name "example" (unnecessary info). Then I go file \\ new \\ class
opens create class window. unchecked destructor options, kept add paths to project and header and implementation file should be in same folder, use relative path.

Named it "examplar".

"error saving file" window pops up, with "File C:\Users...<fill path here>...exemplar.cpp could not be saved..."

I press ok.

then next window "could not save implementation file <insert path here>. aborting..."

brings me back to the screen create class again. I exit the screen and the files are up in my ide (codeblocks) unsaved. But it isn't connected to the project.. only when I right click the project and add each file to project individually does it open the debug and release window and add to it.

anyone have any ideas? It's getting late and I'm getting delirious but I need to finish this so I can maybe get an answer by tomorrow. So I apologize if this doesn't make sense.

thanks in advance

Topic archived. No new replies allowed.