C++ Web Browser?

I’m looking for a way to create a Visual Studio Form Project that can display and monitor an HTML file.

Or, maybe I’m looking for a way to create my own web server!

The program I am currently working on builds an Intranet website on your local disk as output.

Here is a brief explanation of the process that I use to analyze the stock market. The adjusted closing prices for various ticker symbols change when that ticker declares a dividend or stock split, so you can’t rely on merely looking up the data one day and then use it again the next day.

My current console app creates URLs for yahoo finance historical values and then creates a series of rates of return for various time periods, like 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, etc. I’m currently tracking 382 different ticker symbols and this part of the process takes about 30 minutes to send the URLs and then screen scrape the returned HTML code to extract the requested data. This data is then saved to disk as a daily data file.

The second phase of the process is to create a variety of “views” of the data to display the tickers based on long term returns, short term returns, etc. This process can create a dozen HTML pages in just a second or two.

My goal is to create a form application that can create the pages as requested, get a response back when the user clicks a link, created the requested page on the fly again, and then display the new page.

Last edited on
Take a look at this:

http://www.webtoolkit.eu/wt

gui frameworks like qt/wxwidgets provide elements to show HTML
When dealing with a large number of market tickers, the report pages can get rather large, megabytes in size, and there can be a fairly large number of specific views of the data that are created when building an intranet website.

What I’m hoping to do is to create the pages one at a time as they are requested, and never write them to disk. It’s one thing to display an HTML page, it’s another to follow the links!
What I’m hoping to do is to create the pages one at a time as they are requested, and never write them to disk.
You can do that. There is no reason why not.
Thanks coder, that software looks very interesting at first glance.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.