Nested Loops

Hi I'm having a little trouble with my assignment thats due tonight was hoping someone could help me out.

Note that the inner loop of this program is always executed exactly three times - once for each day of the long weekend. Modify the code so that the inner loop iterates n times, where n is a positive integer input by the user. In other words, let the user decide how many days to consider just as they choose how many students to consider.
Modify the program so that it also finds the average number of hours per day that a given student studies biology as well as programming. For each given student include two prompts, one for each subject. Have the program print out which subject the student, on average, spent the most time on.
Submit the revised LastFirst_lab54.cpp
The following is the code to be used:

// This program finds the average time spent programming by a student

// each day over a three day period.

// PLACE YOUR NAME HERE

#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()

{

int numStudents;

float numHours, total, average;

int student,day = 0; // these are the counters for the loops

cout << "This program will find the average number of hours a day" << " that a student spent programming over a long weekend\n\n";

cout << "How many students are there ?" << endl << endl;

cin >> numStudents;

for( student = 1; student <= numStudents; student++)

{

total = 0;

for(day = 1; day <= 3; day++)

{

cout << "Please enter the number of hours worked by student " << student <<" on day " << day << "." << endl;

cin >> numHours; total = total + numHours;

}

average = total / 3;

cout << endl;

cout << "The average number of hours per day spent programming by " << "student " << student << " is " << average << endl << endl << endl;

}

return 0;

}
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.