3D Game Engine

Hi,
I am a PAWN and LUA programmer. I have recently started learning C# & C++, due to the reason that PAWN and C++ are really similar. I know the basics and more. The variable, enums, statics and etc. I know how to use loops, arrays, do/while and if statements. I would like to create a simple 3D game engine in which I could develop and improve. Please send me some tutorials or tell me what shall I do. I don't need ready code because I can do it myself with a help of research and method of try, fail, fix, learn, improve. Please don't tell me it's too hard or try to stop me from it, because I know what I want to do and I will do it with your help or without. Thanks guys.
Last edited on
I'm afraid that's not enough. Knowledge about pointers, structs, and classes are required.

Once you finish learning them, I'd look into Direct3D 11. I find it much better to work with than OpenGL.
Last edited on
If you just want to do some 3D programming, an option that I personally prefer is OpenGL. A good tutorial that not only teaches OpenGL, but also the basics of things that you'll need for a 3D engine (like some linear algebra) can be found here: http://www.arcsynthesis.org/gltut/
@Avilius, I've been learning C# like 2 months before I started learning C++ and I have learned about classes and structs. I will give a look at pointers. Thanks.

@NT3, Thanks mate, I will give it a try!
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.