C++ Draw letters

Hi, i have no idea how to do this task, i have to draw a letter in c++ using the * character and only using ifs and for loops.
to be clear the result should look like this
(- represents blank spaces) also the dimension of the letter is an input from the user. sorry for the bad english, it's not my first language) Anyone have an idea on how to solve this? (widht and lenght should be the same)

A:
You need to store each letter in an array, then when the user enters a word, you go to the array that stores each letter that the user entered and print the contents of that array. Ex:

char A[][5] = {"*****", "*---*", "*---*", "*****", "*---*", "*---*", "*---*"};

Also make sure that all the letters are the same height so that it makes it easier to print all of them. A has height 7 so B-Z have to have height 7. When it comes to printing, print the ith row of each letter at the same time, followed by newline and then the next row until finished.

Here is one I wrote a while back for numbers:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/izmrko4pmiqwf49/Digital.cpp?dl=0
Thank you, but how do i do this without arrays? i can only use for loops and ifs.
You are expected to draw a single letter? Or a word/sentence?

For the former, just make a function to do it.
For five stars, use a for loop that loops five times, printing a * each time. Likewise for spaces, etc. Insert newlines where appropriate.

For the latter, you're pretty much screwed without arrays. (Or more advanced functional argument handling than you are ready for.)

Hope this helps.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.