Game Server Code Problem

Hey guys, I am new arund here as you seen form my last post, there is going to be a lot of topics from me wanting help. If you guys could help me out that would be great.

Anyways, I was addind a command to my server by following this tutorial: http://eoserv.net/forum/topic/9833

I came out with mad errors at the last step, I am not to sure if I am doing it right but if anyone can help me out that would be great.

Also, how do I join the IRC Channel? I am interested.
This is a very specific topic, have you tried asking for help in that forum?
Yes I have, that isn't the best forum, that community on that forum is dead. Barley anyone on it now, if there is, they don't code nor will they help you. If you do get help it's rare.
If it helps I can post my errors. As well with the whole code.

I'm not going to research into whatever it is you are adjusting the source code of, could you at least give some back story about what's going on here? What exactly is it that you're changing the source to and recompiling?
Okay so this is a open source server, which means you can do as you please basically, there is many servers out there.

For this code I am trying to allow players to type "#warp <Map name here>" and it will warp them to the map id, and x and y coordinates.

But I'd like it to link to a .ini file and be edited there.
Last edited on
What specifically do you need help with? There's a lot of moving parts in what you just said.

Why INI? Can't you pick a format that's easier to handle? I think a flat text file would be better suited to this case. INI is an archaic format.
I wouldn't know if that is possible, only dealt with .INI files with this server.
I don't know anything about the server or game you're talking about here, so maybe it has inbuilt support for INI. If that's the case, it should be easy.
Yeah I believe it does, youj just have to link the file in another .INI file telling where it's spot is. Ex: Desktop/ServerFolder/Warps.ini
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.